Friday, September 10

Outlive Your Life - Lucado

Outlive Your Life by Max Lucado

If you have ever read a Max Lucado book before, you probably have noticed that all of his books follow a similar set up. The same is true with Lucado’s latest book – Outlive Your Life. Lucado follows the old adage of “If it ain’t broke, why fix it?”. And it’s not broke as far as I can tell (though I have only read a couple of his books).

Outlive Your Life is sort of how the title describes: encouraging people to do something more with their life than following your now stereotypical daily routine. In reading it, I realized that it is a very timely book, especially for younger generations. As a college student, one of the questions I face often is wondering what I will do with my life. How can I better the world? And Lucado speaks to these worries.

The chapter that stood out to me the most was the sixth chapter – “Open Your Door; Open Your Heart” — a chapter on hospitality. In a culture consumed by smart phones, twitter, and text messaging it is easy to see how we have lost the gift of hospitality and human interaction. And yet Lucado describes why it is important.

For anyone asking questions about how they can live to make their life worth something, this book will be push you and show you what you can do. If you are in a job where you feel that you are doing something worthwhile, let this book encourage you. It is a simple book but profound at the same time.

4/5 stars.

I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com [...] book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments:

Post a Comment