Thursday, September 23

The Gospel According to Jesus

The Gospel According to Jesus by Chris Seay
When I picked up The Gospel According to Jesus, I wasn’t sure what to expect. At first I expected something along the lines of The Jesus I Never Knew by Philip Yancey. I quickly realized this wasn’t the case. What this book is instead, is largely a look at the idea of righteousness, what we interpret it to be, and perhaps what it should mean to us instead.

Chris Seay (who also authored The Gospel According to Lost) has a great way with words. His ideas flow well together and he seems like a mix of Donald Miller and Shane Clayborn, not only in style but in content. His thoughts are extremely relevant to today’s society. It especially hits on how our modern idea of morality and sin affect younger generations.

One thing I found particularly interesting was some artwork in the middle of the book. It was done by a contemporary artist and seemed to blend a Christian worldview with issues of today. Page numbers are then given to help show which areas of the book the images go along with, to support the authors idea.
4/5 stars

I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com [...] book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments:

Post a Comment