Tuesday, September 8

Fearless - Max Lucado

I have never read a Max Lucado book before.

Well, at least that I remember. I may have heard/read of his children’s books, but none come to mind. Fearless was my introduction to Max Lucado.

Overall, I liked this book. Lucado is a strong writer and uses examples that really connect. One of my favorite chapters in this book was the one on worry. Lucado did an excellent job in presenting different situations of worry. In reading it, it seemed as if he really knows how to connect with his readers, to understand them and to write for them.


In some ways, this book reminded me of Let Go by Sheila Walsh (also reviewed by me and for Thomas Nelson’s Book Review Blogger program). It presented a lot of topics that I have seen covered before. It had discussion questions at the end of the book to allow people to dig deeper. It was also written for (as far as I can tell) Lucado followers. If you like Lucado you will probably like this book. If you don’t like him, you probably won’t like this book.

However, a big difference is that I connected with this book (yes I know I used that word a lot). I read it and felt refreshed. Even with old topics, he found a fresher way of approaching them than I have seen before. His chapters were varied, with different structures in each of them so that each of them felt new and informative.

In addition to this, he addresses many issues that are present and prevalent in today’s society. A worthy read, unless of course you don’t like Lucado.

4/5

I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com [...] book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 

No comments:

Post a Comment